BIO now controls and manages STW’s annual 700,000 tonnes of biosolids sludge cake produced from their 38 main hub WWTPs with AD facilities and sludge dewatering systems.
The annual biosolids volume is recovered to over 3,000 farms locally, land spread according to detailed nutrient management plans for each field, with regulatory reporting to the Environment Agency.
Compass Informatics Ltd, working with ENVA, were contracted by STW as their ageing mainframe based system needed to be replaced. It was imperative that any solution called upon latest technologies. The solution has delivered lower IT costs, an effective support service, and has been fundamental to allowing the generation of revenue from biosolids, and the delivery of integrated business activities.
Key BIO Features
- Microsoft .NET based application. Cloud-ready or in-house hosted.
- Accessible via web browser on desktop or on mobile devices.
- Integrated with plant sensors, weighbridges, and other corporate systems.
- Sharing of centralised information across the organisation, including multiple production sites, has clear benefits.
- Fully BAS (Biosolids Assurance Scheme) compliant.
- Remote access for third party agri-contractors also has significant benefits, with field based access and data input possible.
- Simple to use reporting functionality, for regular scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Optional GIS module.
- Roadmap for on-going development.
STW are extremely pleased with the robustness and ease of use of the installed BIO system. Since deployment, Compass Informatics has continued to develop the installed BIO Solution, and via a support agreement, provide a collaborative working relationship.